Friday, January 8, 2010

The Christmas Present


How was your Christmas?  I hope you felt like this on Christmas morning:



(Sam 12/25/09)

I know I sure did. 
Santa brought me the best toy EVER!  A DSLR camera--a Nikon d3000, to be exact.


*Sigh* This is the camera I knew in the pre-existence.  It was love at first sight.  THIS is a camera that will command respect at little league soccer games.  THIS is a camera that will translate my baby's ethereal loveliness into a true likeness that all can appreciate. 
THIS is a camera that will show me at all times in a lovely and photogenic light, right?


(The first picture I ever took with it, with him, with Charles.  Charles the camera.) 
EW!  And when I saw how crappy I looked, I felt like this:


  (Adam being ALL BAD in his new policeman costume--happy birthday little one!)
NO FAIR!

But I immediately launched into taking about 300 pictures that have little to zero relevance, like this:

(A Christmas Bow, I like the color.)

and this:

(the staples in my mom's head from a recent injury--STAY OFF THOSE LADDERS, MOM!  I missed the focus a little, but still!  My old camera would never have shown this detail.)

And this cow that is soon to be hamburgers:



(Tardy, may she rest in pieces--in my parents' freezer.)

And I even tested its limits by taking lots of pictures of my Mom's pictures--straight out of the photo albums.

 
(My mom as a baby.  Not too bad for a picture of a picture!  Isn't she cute?)

So...nothing is certain but death and taxes, but it also seems quite likely that you shall all be subjected to a lot of extremely amateur photography by a certain madwoman photographer in the near future.  Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I would love to be subjected to a lot of your pictures. You looked like you were having a lot of fun with your camera at our house. I think you will now catch all the loveliness of your kids. Good luck

Grant said...

You and I need to talk, Elizabeth!

Julianne said...

Yay! Isn't it just too fun?! Good luck. :) I'm still trying to figure everything out on my camera.