Thursday, March 18, 2010

Macro! Vote For Your Favorite.

Most of my posts are about my family, or about me.  But THIS post is about YOU.  I've taken all these macro shots.  And now it is up to YOU to define yourself.  Are you the kind of person who goes nuts for a divine yellow flower?  Or are you more a closet bird-watcher?  Maybe patterns in nature get your seratonin flowing.  Decide, and then let the world (or at least me) know. Vote for your favorite in the comments and I'll do a special happy dance just for you.
(Click on them to see full size.)

#1 Beckoning
I like how I can almost feeeeel the texture of the petals.

#2 Fauna
This bird was so tame!  I was about 6 inches from it when I took this shot. 


#3 Crystal Fortress
I love water.  Water is amazing.  People who "don't like water" need to fast more often.

#4 God's Eyes
Notice how not a single flower is perfect, but they are still beautiful.  Just like us.

#5 Crown Princess
I have absolutely nothing to say about this photo.

#6 Fragrant
Sweet Alysum.  My mother used to say that I was named after this flower.  She called me "Sweet Alysumbeth."  There's a shortage of teeny tiny flowers that are always in bloom and have a sweet scent.  Sweet Alysum is the answer.

#7 Fractal Attraction
I wasn't going to say anything...but that's just, just NOT my style, is it? 
This one is my favorite!  I vote for this one!


#8 Supernova
That is a naturally occuring water drop, I promise!  Although I might've squirted it with my water bottle if it hadn't already been wet.  I have very few qualms, I guess.

#9  Refreshing
Hopefully this is not marijuana.

#10 Eruption
Danielle's first tooth.  I missed a lot of sleep for this shot.

The photographer
"Has anyone seen my keys?  I thought they might be behind this palm tree."

You can't vote for this one.  (I'm looking at you, Mom.)

17 comments:

Heberfarnsworth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heberfarnsworth said...

How about me? Can I vote for the last one? It looks like the best one to me. The others are well done but the subject matter isn't as nice ;)

Lybi said...

Nobody can choose the last one! Choose a macro shot, Heber! You look at lots of blogs that do macro. You're experienced! I need the input. Besides, that's the only picture that wasn't taken by me. *Sniff*

Lybi said...

Sam votes for #2 Fauna.

James said...

OK, since I can't vote for the last one, which would obviously be my choice, I vote for #1. I just like the incredible detail and the contrast of the bright red flower petals with the dark brown and green of the earth and undergrowth (for lack of a better word).

James said...

Joey votes for #4 God's Eyes

Ashley said...

These all look great! I can't chose.

But Lybi...where did you take that marijuana shot...?

Heberfarnsworth said...

I have no idea what macro is actually. But I like #3 best.

Lybi said...

Doesn't a macro shot just mean a close-up?

And by the way, all these pictures except the last 2 were taken at Disneyland, so I'm sure it is NOT marijuana, probably.

Unknown said...

Supernova

Shae Ko said...

I almost voted for # 4 because of the title, but I think I could look at # 3 the longest so Crystal Palace it is! (Yes, I remember the days when I fasted.)

Jacqueline said...

If I really can't vote for the last one, which I think is beautiful, I vote for the one before it, because it is a tough shot to get.

Lybi said...

Ha! I kneeeeeew you'd pick that one, Mom! Isn't it interesting that everyone likes different things?

And what, no one likes the marijuana impersonator?

Jacqueline said...

Aside from that I like the water picture.

Kristina said...

Wow! These are all awesome! I like the first one - the red flower! I agree that you can practically feel it! Very pretty!

Christi said...

#2, #8, #3 & #5 are my top 4 favs. You are so talented gal. Didn't just get the writing gene, but the photography one too! Also- what a fun trip to Disney! Glad to see you guys doing so well!!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

They are all great, but I'm voting for #3 (THE WATER!)