Monday, March 15, 2010

Achievement and Reward!

We interrupt this rousing game of "cops and dragons" to bring you a very important announcement:  The jar of magic beans is full.  (Actually, they are pinto beans that I spray painted gold.)


So you know what this means, right? No?  Well then, you must not be a child in our home.  All little kids within my jurisdiction are required to get dressed, put away their pajamas, eat breakfast, put away their dishes, and brush their teeth every morning (hopefully without reminding).  When they complete their morning routine, they get to put 3 to 5 magic beans (depending on accuracy and speed) in the jar.  I told them that when it was full we would take them someplace REALLY cool.  They were thinking Chucky Cheese.  
I was thinking DISNEYLAND!

WEEEEEeeee!



They were very excited just by the tram ride to the park.

Watch out, Disney, here we come! 
 Prepare your security forces to look for lost little blond boys...

Adam wisely passed on many of the scarier rides.

But he still had fun!


Sam is not afraid of heights.  I sometimes wish he were.

Joey loved charming the locals.


"Calmly Waiting for Death"

After this shot, Adam asked me why Darth Vader didn't try to kill him. 
Then we had to have a rather painful discussion about how Star Wars isn't real.  He was quite shocked to learn this.

"Fuel for Future Therapy Appointments"

I'm sure Danielle will remember this trip forever.



Joey was so tough.  He didn't scream once during the "Space Mountain" ride, and even proudly announced that it "wasn't even scary."  I screamed the whole way.  I suppose I don't get out much.


"Lybi's Main Attraction"

James and I were just really proud of the fact that at the end of it all, we still had 4 kids, and we knew their geographical location and all.


I loved Disneyland, but my favorite part of the trip was probably getting to hang out with my beloved best friend Shae, who very conveniently lives close to Disneyland.



P.S.  Overheard the night before:

Adam:  Dear Heavenly Father, tomorrow we go to Disneyland.  So please bless that it will rain so I can use my new umbrella...
BINGO!
It totally rained.  All day.  But it kept the lines really short...just the way we like 'em.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

SO MUCH FUN!! That's so cool!

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun trip! Yeay!

Though I think I'm going to make my kids fill up a 5-gallon bucket when they start putting in their beans for a trip like that... :P

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

How fun!!! I bet they are ready to fill up another jar with magic beans. I'd be. What a great idea. You guys look like you had a ton of fun.

Unknown said...

So fun! You should have told me your were going. I would have met you there for a couple of hours! Glad you had a fun time. Awesome durprise for your boys!

Jacqueline said...

What an adorable post. I have read it like 20 times already. No maybe when you come here next time we can take you to Cliff's Family Land. I love what clear pictures your new camera takes.