Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This Beach is NOT for Sissies

We went to a really interesting beach while we were in California.  It wasn't the kind of beach where you wade in up to your waist and splash around.  It was very rocky, and exciting!

From what I could tell, it was mostly just a natural photo shoot--a haven for women who want to use their new cameras.

Sometimes it was peaceful, like this:

I love this picture!  Expand it, so you can see the water running.

But then a big swell would come in and explode against the rocks, like this:



You can't possibly grasp how big this wave is.  Here, I'll include a husband to show scale:


Expand this picture!  It is more impressive.

Joey loved the drama.


I like the airplane.

Sam loved the opportunity to explore.

"I hear the siren call of an adventure..."
He would have waded in if we had let him.

Adam said the hermit crabs made him "uncomfortable," and so that's why he kept trying to smoosh them.
We had to talk about tolerance. 

I love the halo he gets in this picture.



Danielle mostly beguiled other beachgoers.  Every time she sees a new person, she tries to catch their eye, dazzle them with her special smile, and then act bashful about it.  Here she is in action: 
(Some random lady is walking by.) 
What a flirt!

Probably she gets it from James.

The setting sun turned everything golden.
School glue has many uses, btw.

Overall, a good time was had by all.

But I think that my trigger-happy-picture-finger and I definitely had the the most fun!

7 comments:

James said...

The name of the beach was White Point, and it was awesome! I really love all the photos you took - even the one with me and my pointy schnozz . . .

Ashley said...

Fun for everyone, even us!

Those shots do look amazing!! Yeay, DSLRs!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm excited about your new camera. You are taking amazing pictures with it!

Jacqueline said...

Spectacular pictures of a sweet family and a fabulously interesting beach, not the old boring sandy ones. And we know who Danielle gets it from, you were exactly the same. I wish we had school glue back when because you had the same amount of hair at that age.

Unknown said...

White Point, here we come! Great photos, Lybi! :)

Julianne said...

Great pics, Lybi! What a fun time!

Kristina said...

How fun! those waves are AMAZING! Love that daddy and baby girl shot too :)