Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lovely Little Girl

We had these pictures taken when Danielle was just six days old...seems like a long time ago already. She's changing so fast.

Look at those little baby wrinkles on her back! She looks like a little sharpei puppy!

It takes many kisses to raise a child...

James' hand is on the bottom, mine on the top. This is probably my favorite.


She's posing so well, no?


This is the one that shows what she looks like the best, I think.
The funny thing about this picture is how pink she looks compared to my skin, and how tan she looks next to James' skin. Is it an optical illusion?


I made these bracelets for us the night before I went into the hospital to have her. Everyone who saw it was sure that the one for Danielle was going to be too small. It's about the right size for my thumb! But it fit her perfectly.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny about the tan/pink thing! I noticed that. Ha! I love those photos. So precious.

I got your message...thanks for calling! I've been crazy busy, and not getting much sleep. Maya is having a throwback to her newborn days having to do with weaning from the swaddle (dun dun dun). So at 4am I am thinking about YOU up at 4 am. :)

Book recommendations:
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (not a mystery novel...check it out)
Life of Pi

Miss you!

Jacqueline said...

Such sweet pictures. Such a sweet little girl. Just lovely.

Ashley said...

Soooooo so so sweet! It's totally got me tugging on Grant's arm asking when we can have another baby!

Kristina said...

Very cute! And I LOVE the bracelets!

Seth said...

Soo cute! I love those pictures!

Julianne said...

Love all the pics. I knew the bracelet would fit her. ;)

AOlson said...

Lybi! What a close call! I am glad you and Danielle are doing well. Isn't a c-section--especially the recovery--intense? Keep standing as tall and straight as you can. It hurts like no other, but you have to remind your muscles how they suppose stand and walk. Definitely you are right--baby steps. Push your body a little each day, but be sure to rest, rest, rest as much as your four little ones will let you. Oh, I hope at least three other people are there to help you out in addition to James.

Do you find that you are grateful for your leg and arm muscles so you can still get in and out of chairs and your bed?

I promise your body will recover, eventually. Keep listening to it like you did today. Don't want to push too much. (I hope Adam doesn't mind that you can't pick him up.) Hang in there.

Lots of Love,
Adrianne
I posted this on the running blog, but didn't know when you'd see it.

Christi said...

Hey Girl! How are you doing? Miss hearing from you. I'm sure you're super busy with your 4 little ones!

Seth said...

Those are all adorable pictures but the one with the rings, the hands and the toes is ESPECIALLY cute.