Monday, February 2, 2009

"Showing," "Quickening," and a Plea for Help

I've missed a few days, sorry! In an act of penance, I shall now show you pregnant photos of myself.


Here's the best shot. It's pretty accurate to real life. 18 weeks--4 1/2 months.


This (above) is the one in which I suck in really hard and plead with James to hurry up taking the picture so I can breathe. I am trying VERY hard not to get too humongous before my time. This (below) is what I am doing to avoid premature hugeness:

Yoga. This is the "star" pose. It's my favorite.


I had fun with James tonight showing him some of my yoga stuff. He made me laugh because he told me it was all easy, but c'mon, he was totally shaking--but he said that was just because I made him laugh. (Yea right!) But it must be said, my guy is very tough. Doesn't he look like those male gymnasts that for some reason all walk around the corners of the mats on floor looking like tin men who need oil in their elbows and their knees? (Why do they all do that?)

In other news, I can feel our little baby kicking me from the inside. Awww! But sometimes it is just gas, probably. (I figured that out after my first delivery and I thought I felt the baby kick--NOPE!) But I'm SURE that sometimes it IS real, and that tickles me to the core.

By the way, I hope you are all praying that this baby is a girl. We find out on Friday. I am nervous! Everybody--think pink! Eat lots of sugar and spice (that's what I've been doing). You may say that it has already been decided and there's nothing you can do about it, but that's just a looser's way of saying that you won't help a pregnant woman in need!!! Now c'mon, everybody--send me girl vibes!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Sending girl vibes your way.... but you do make such adorable little boys. It's a toss-up. :)

And you look GREAT for 18 weeks. With this last pregnancy I was huge by then. In fact, I told a friend of mine I was pregnant when I was about 7 or 8 weeks along and she said, "yeah, I've been wondering for a couple weeks." Aach!

Lybi said...

Bahahaha! Well, Joey was asking me FAR before I was actually pregnant when I would have the "baby" because my tummy was getting big. Little kids are so darn honest that sometimes it is truly scary.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Hey I found your blog! Love your pregnant belly pictures...or 'all cookies' as you say! You look great.

I didn't know that you did yoga...so do I! Cool.

I hope that you find out some great news on Friday, let me know what it is! And even if you're having a boy, at least you know how to do that right?

Ashley said...

Haha! I'm loving the yoga poses--and it IS surprisingly HARD! I've been to a couple of yoga classes, once when I was fat and in terrible shape and once when I was in the prime of physical fitness...and I got my trashed kicked both times! But it's fun!

And I have been sending you girl vibes since we found out you were pregnant. As far as I'm concerned, you're carrying my oldest daughter's best friend right now!

Laura said...

*Girl* *Girl* *Girl*

Come OOOOONN Pinkness!!! Lace, ribbons, flowers, butterflies, mood swings, tantrums, tears.... oh wait, I digress ... purple, ruffles, and sweet daddy-daughter loves.

Seth said...

HellooOOOooooo Lybi! I had heard that you made a blog but didn't get around to adding it to my "google reader" until now. I am in the throws of repentance however and did all I could to make things right (I read all your previous posts and I loved them!).

I am also thinking girl thoughts, although physiologically, James is the only one who decides the gender (sorry, the woman doesn't get a say) :)

He may just be way too manly to make baby girls :) Given his computer skills and his running/physical feats, that is my best guess.

But YES! I love you blog and I will be an avid follower so keep forkin up the goods!

Julianne said...

So you find out tomorrow then? Can't wait to hear the result. You guys need a little pink in your lives. lol :) Of course, I think Ben will say we need a little more blue. Too late now, though! We are done!

You look awesome! Good for you doing the yoga. So neat that you are feeling "HER" moving around. Hey, I can be optimistic, right? I do miss those days, but the most recent ones where it about killed me every time Brooke stretched out I'm happy she is now on the outside and not inside any more.