Monday, April 20, 2009

The Glow

Just for the sake of posterity, check out how weird this is....
From the front I don't really look pregnant.

But WHOA! When I turn sideways a big ol' tummy appears like magic.
I am adjusting to my new size and shape. No more turning sideways to fit through small spaces. Front entry only! Unless I want to back in...beep...beep...beep!

I am always looking for an opportunity to lay down. Even in a photo shoot. Must...conserve...energy. How much do I really want that small item that just dropped to the floor? Usually, not enough to actually bend over and get it.
But lounging can be lovely, can't it? A time and a place for everything.


Thanks, Catherine, for taking these lovely pictures! You are amazing!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Those photos look great!!!

Grant said...

Pregnant? Holy cow, congratulations! :)

Haha, makes me miss those days. I wanna get pregnant again. But Ashley seems to think you have to space children out...boo.

Ashley said...

I had already seen these photos, but I'll say it again--you're gorgeous!

I was taking a closer look at them, and I think we carry our little girls the same way. The shape of your belly (the way it slopes down at an angle) really reminds me of how mine looked. Maybe it ain't nothin' but a she-thang. :P

Julianne said...

Lybi, you look amazing!!! Can't wait to see you guys. :)

Shannon said...

You look great! I love your hair cut. Good luck with the last few weeks. You're right, the stuff on the floor will still be there when you can bend again, if your house is anything like mine!

Kristina said...

I think you look very cute! The whole conserving energy thing is great. Except I'm always asking myself, Does the house really need to get cleaned today . . . Nah!

Unknown said...

Lybi, you really do have the pregnant glow and you look gorgeous. Its funny when I was pregnant and working they would talk about how some pregnant ladies really do seem to glow, and woman you are luminous ;)
That is crazy how tiny you look straight on, your all baby!

Amy said...

Lybi, how fun to catch up with you and your family! I've followed Laura's blog for a while but just barely found yours. You look great! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I'm partial to girls so I'm excited for you :) (we have 3). Feel free to click on my profile to view our blog.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

You. Are. Beautiful! You have always been beautiful, but those pictures are amazing!

Laura said...

I've seen those pictures before, but it's fun to see them again on your blog. I really like the one on the bench. You don't look tired at all! I have looked at FRB in a while - are you still doing Yoga every day?? If so .... you are my HERO!